We've got sand coming out of our ears here. We will give it to you for FREE!!!
This empty lot you see here is where most of the sand came from. Yeah, we are the lucky ones who get to live right across the street from it. It was left for the intent to build a L.D.S. church building but I heard that the lot was too small. Then, while I was shoveling all the sand this morning I learned from an irate neighbor who was walking her dogs, that the stingy man who owns property outside of our neighborhood blocked off a main road that leads to this lot and will not allow it to be opened. So if we did have a church there, the traffic would be too bad on Sundays because the main road is blocked off! I do hope someone builds something on it soon because we are all sick of all the sand that blows from it! It would be wonderful if they built a grassy park or something like that. I doubt they will though. Someone will probably start building something there the minute we decide to move (which won't be soon because we will probably stay here for a while!). Cleaning up sand is not fun--especially in the heat of the day.
That's why I started doing this at 5:30 am and I got all finished an hour later!
For some reason it makes me think of the country song that goes like this:
"I've got ocean front property in Arizona...from my front porch you can see the sea!"
--except from our front porch we just see the sand.
No comments:
Post a Comment