Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Desert Iquanna Footage

Today when we went out in the backyard, Kaylee spotted a really big lizard sitting on our back porch! I went inside to grab the camera and took a picture of him. He moved away and I caught him on tape before he hid in the bushes! He must have been more than a foot long from his head to his tail.



Here is a photo I got from the internet of the same type of lizard. They are really called "Desert Iguanas!




And here is the video clip I got of him scampering away! He is kinda camouflaged, so it's sort of hard to see him. Sorry!

3 comments:

Mommie Maureenie said...

Wow -- very cool pet! How big was he? I love it when you look it up and teach all of us about the subject you are studying at the moment. Desert Iguanna, nice!

Steersies said...

Now that was awesome! I've never seen one of those before! That totally beats my tailless lizard that I blogged about! Thanks for sharing. What other kind of animals do you have lurching around the desert that may come strolling across your lawn??

Marla Chapa said...

YIKES!! But that is pretty cool. It beats a BIG SPIDER in front of the door.